Saturday 2 April 2011

24 hours to go!


Tomorrow is the big day! I've been enjoying tapering my training; my last long run was 'only' 10 miles and I took Tuesday night's Valley Striders session very easy.

Donations have been coming in thick and fast,  you've donated over £300 so far, so thanks to everyone! My target is £500, so we'll see how it goes.

We arrived in Sussex yesterday and today is a rest day before the race. There are reminders of the event everywhere, like the signs above for miles around, articles in the local press etc! Quite an exciting time, and weird to think that by this time tomorrow it should nearly be over.... But before the big day, 500 runners need to collect numbers, and get those all-important carbs in.

Please keep donating at www.justgiving.com/mhmarathon2011, come and cheer me on if you can or tweet using hashtag #mhmarathon2011 (I'm @mikerhiggins by the way).

Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment